Monday 16 February 2009

Map, Tong-yeong, South Korea



These are pics of a city map for where I live and teach English--Tong-yeong, South Korea. As you can see I am on the coast, almost surrounded by the ocean. About 2 hours below Busan, Korea's 2nd largest city, on the lower east coast, Tong-yeong is a smallish city (about 135,000).
If you look at the first pic, I live in the upper right-hand corner but have to travel to the middle area every day by bus (about 15 min.) to work at my hagwon, or after-school academy. I teach mostly elementary students and middle schoolers, from about 3-9pm. I teach EFL, or English as a foreign language, as do so many foreigners in Korea.
I like the place--I eat fresh seafood (usually cheap), walk by an ocean inlet every day, and have good students--but my social life is not very exciting. I plan to move this spring, when my 1-year contract ends, to live closer to friends in Korea. Life is good, overall, but the grass can always be greener, right?

No comments: