Saturday 1 August 2009

Chiro Man

I took the subway into Seoul today (Itaewon) to go to the chiropractor. "The", yes; a modest net search turned up only one, an English-speaking, American-educated man who heads a sport clinic. I'm mixed on the visit, but am positive enough to have signed up for more. I think it will do my back some good. Too early for more comment, however.

While I was there I went to the bookstore (What the Book) and grabbed used copies of Truman Capote's Summer Crossing and Orson Scott Card's Shadow Puppets.

Next I hit the international food store (a few steps down from WtB) and picked up some dried cheese tortellini for me and a Cadbury's chocolate candy bar for my school receptionist.

Then on to my favorite burger joint--well, the only true American burger I have found in Seoul. I posted a pic a while back. All-American Diner in Itaewon. Great every time. (W10,000.)

Took the subway back toward home, but got off a few stops early to go shopping at HomePlus. I give enough money to E-mart that I sometimes want a different supermarket shopping experience, and HomePlus is less crowded. They also have some different western foods.

Taxied back from there. Quite productive for half a Saturday.

No comments: