Wednesday 12 August 2009

TGSR cont.

I wasn't too sure about what Joey wanted; maybe he was trying to pull a fast one on me. I looked at him and asked, "So I'm the winner?"


"What?" he asked. It seemed like Joey's thoughts were elsewhere, especially as he kept looking up and around.


"Well, I'm winning, and if you want to leave the game, then I'm the winner, right?"


Joey thought about it for a second, then responded, "Ok, sure."


Grinning, I scooped up all the marbles, stuffed them in my pocket, and stood up. "Now, what's this about noises? Ghosts and suchnot?"


"No, it doesn't sound like a ghost, or like a person of any type," he said. "Listen."


I quieted down and tried to listen hard. There was a faint breeze, and some leaves rustling in the bushes, but then I heard it, a very faint animal-like sound. Without speaking, we moved over towards an oak tree, a rather large one, and the sound got just a little bit louder.

No comments: