Saturday 6 March 2010

A New School Year

Last week, the beginning of March, also marked the beginning of the new school year in Korea.

I have lots of new classes, students, and textbooks.

Kind of a crazy time with so many changes.

A lot of it is very positive, as a few of my good classes I got to keep, and a few of my good students carried over into my new classes.

Some of the changes are still sorting themselves out, as the students are excited/out of sorts from the shift in their routines . . . a new school year means not only new classes at our English academy but also--of course--at the students' public schools, and at other academies that they might be attending (math, music, Chinese, etc.)

Spring is coming, and it seems the right time for change. Rebirth, renewal, and growth, right?

One of my co-teachers said she wished it were a month from now, when things are all (hopefully) settled, and in a way I do too, yet, except for the stress, I like some of this newness, especially the energy surrounding it.

No comments: