Saturday 25 December 2010

Christmas

I am spending this Christmas in Gangneung (Kangnung), South Korea, with a friend (even if he is Canadian:). I did the same last year; the difference is that his lovely Korean wife is off in England this year, studying for her Master's in English.

So Ken and I are stuck alone, but we are making the best of it. He had to teach yesterday--Friday--but in the morning we went to the downtown market and did a bit of shopping.

(I'll post pics of this stuff once I get back home.)

Last night we ate at a great grilled meat place, then played some pool. Then we went to a super (very small) live blues music joint.

Today we are going to cook, somthing we both like to do. It's facilitated by an oven (a rarity in Korea).

I wish his wife, Hyun-ju, was here, as I wish I could see my family, but that's ok because I can send my wishes out for a peaceful and happy Christmas:)

Cheers!

No comments: