Sunday 19 December 2010


A fifth grade student came to me at the beginning of class and said, "Teacher, this is for you!"


She held up a McDonald's bag that had a delicious smell.


I was impressed. "Thanks!" I said.


Then another student from the class came in, a boy, looking confused. "Where's my food?" he asked.


The girl laughed, and I accused her of being a food thief. She thought it was quite funny, while I was amazed that she had the nerve to pull off such a stunt. But I give her credit for it, and maybe it was payback, as it happened the class after I joked about her sprained finger, saying she had a fight with her little sister (whom we teach and is very cute) and her sister won.
************************************************************************************


Speaking of sisters, it seems like every two weeks or so I find out that one of the students I teach also has a brother or sister whom I also teach. This "discovery" process has been going on for a long time, so I now am aware that I teach quite a few borther-sister pairs.


I should do a poll to find out how many, only it would take away some of the surprise effect. I kind of enjoy thinking, "Oh yeah, why didn't I see the facial resemblance before?" or "He's as ADD as his sister is!".
*********************************************************************************
I have taken to buying fake Korean money in this little kids' package and giving the bills out to students. Of course, they all clamour for the big bills (50,000 won).
A student in a young class--inspired, I think, by this--gave me a gift the other day of a package of American money stickers, which I redistributed to the class.


No comments: