Friday 10 February 2012

Eyesight

Over the past year my eyesight has gotten worse, especially when trying to read small text.  I have worn contact lenses and glasses for 30 years, but never had much change until this year.

Frustrated, I finally went to an eyeglass store and got an updated eye exam.  They told me that my right eye was the same, but that I needed a special type of contact lens for my left eye; apparently the cylindrical shape of the eye has changed, thus necessitating the need for a lens for astigmatism.

The new lens has greatly improved my reading.

I need to do more research on the subject, as language differences impeded a thorough explanation (plus they just wanted to sell me the lenses, along with a pair of reading glasses which I also chose to buy(frames on sale, total $100+, why not?) ).

No comments: