Sunday 11 March 2012

My Plant Hates Me

My one plant, which I have had for over two years--I bought it the week I moved here--has not been happy for a long time.


As you can see, it's down to one leaf.  Sniff.  I have been meaning to repot it, but I always forget to stop by a plant store when I'm out, which is ridiculous since there is one in our school building.

So, today, on the way back from shopping for a few things I needed to make my weekly batch of salmon/veggie soup (it's cooking now)



I happened to walk by a plant store and the owner, nice guy, gave me a larger plastic pot and some dirt for free.



It's not huge, but significantly bigger than the one my sickly plant has been in.




So I finally repotted my poor plant.  It probably needs plant food also, but I don't have any and am not sure if they have the equivalent of "Miracle Grow" here.  Call me crazy, but I stuck three multivitamin capsules down into the soil of the new pot and watered it.  I guess either it will die (which it was going to anyway), or it will turn into a "super" plant . . . I'll update in a few weeks when the outcome is certain, but for now, at least, my plant looks happier.

No comments: