Saturday 17 March 2012

New Friend

Not me.  My plant.

I've found that positive motivation often works well in the classroom, so I thought I'd apply that thought to cheering my plant up:  I bought it a friend.

Now, I have to admit there is a wee bit of selfishness involved (ok, more than a bit), since the plant is one I can possibly utilize in the kitchen . . .sigh . . . it always seems to get back to food.




It's a rosemary plant that I picked up for app. $5 at my neighborhood market yesterday, and I hope it will last longer than the first one I bought, which, come to think about it, was purchased at the same time as my sickly plant.  Hmmm . . . maybe that was a subconscious thought.

Anyway, I hope that the newly-come and quite vigorous plant will inspire the other to leaf out and thrive.


Now I just have to do some research on using fresh rosemary (vs. dried, which I love with chicken and/or potatoes) in my cooking.

No comments: