Friday 17 August 2012

Contact Lenses

The eyeglass store that I have been buying my contacts from for the last 8 months has thrown me for a loop.

Initially I went there to see if we could work together, and indeed there was a young man who spoke English and who gave me a competent eye exam.

He told me that I had an astigmatism in one eye and needed a special lens, and this greatly improved my vision, so I was thankful and returned to the store to buy contact lenses.

However, last weekend when I went there the man was absent, which was fine, but the person who sold me my new lenses (a box of 6 for each eye) charged me about $20 less.

So my question is, did someone make an accounting error or was the first man cheating me somehow?  He did tell me, on our first meeting, that I would have to pay more for the special lenses; in retrospect that seems suspicious, but, at the same time, it makes sense.

I need to go to another store to check the pricing on the contact lenses that I am buying . . .