Tuesday 1 January 2013

Busan: Tall Buildings and Bridges

Before I went to Jeju island last week I visited Busan (Pusan), which is Korea's 2nd largest city.  I took the KTX, or bullet train, there from Suwon (in the greater Seoul area), a trip of about 3 hours.

Busan is located on the southeast coast of Korea, and is a busy shipping port, a popular summer beach attraction, and, by most accounts, a more laid back alternative to the hustle and bustle of Seoul.

This was my first visit, and one of the things that I found interesting and appealing was the contrast between the mix of old and new.

Here are some pics of high-rise apartment buildings/offices and bridges . . .

(Note: most of these pics were taken from a moving bus, so they may not be the best quality, but they'll give you an idea of parts of the city.)






No comments: