Sunday 16 December 2012

Student Question

One student--an inquisitive 3rd grader--asked me a question with a rather unique bit of phrasing: "Teacher, are you married or solo?"

The "solo" part caught me off-guard, and I had to keep from laughing.  I re-directed the question, but the girl was not to be put off, for 2 minutes later she said, "Teacher, you didn't answer.  Are you solo or married?"

I gave in and answered, "I'm solo."

Hopefully it is just a girl's curiousity about a teacher, for I'd hate to get set up with her aunt or something.

The same day I got asked by some students--not mine--about how old their teacher is.  It was a playful scene, and I responded in Korean that she was 23 (for which I later made her thank me).  They then asked me how old I was, and I gave my usual answer, that I am 240.  They were shocked (they're maybe 2nd graders), but I couldn't quite tell if they believed me or not.


No comments: