Sunday 30 December 2012

Wonderful Korean Jeju Lunch

One of the things that I love about Korean food is the variety . . . you don't get it with every meal, but you can happen upon a down-to-earth restaurant that serves a set meal at a set price, and that is exactly what happened today for our Jeju lunch.

To really appreciate Korean food you have to like veggies, and I do, so I am up for most servings.  You also need to like seafood . . . I go for the cooked, but not for the raw (in most cases).

(Granted, there is Korean grilled meat--or bar-b-que--but that is almost a different subject)

Here are some pics of a lunch meal, served for 4 people, a very nice variety of side dishes plus meat plus fish plus rice . . . I don't want to eat such a meal all of the time, but for $8 a person it is a really nice treat once in a while. (The volcanic yellow-looking thing is the Korean equivalent of egg soufflĂ©.)



Cheap, healthy, and delicious:)

This type of Korean meal offers the tastes of 15+ foods, maybe just a bite per person, but, honestly, I like that variety and sharing so much more than the western style filling a single plate full of food and eating it alone.

Having said that, I also like going to T.G.I.Fridays (which seems to be expanding in Asia) and ordering a big burger and fries.

I guess I am caught somewhere in the middle . . .

No comments: