Sunday 13 January 2013

Class Review Game

On Friday I told two different classes--two different levels--that we were going to play a question and answer game.

First I divided them into teams, either pairs or threes.

Then I gave each team a piece of paper and explained that they had to write 3 questions from our textbook (in this case "Let's Go"), units 1-6.

So, for example, "Let's Go 2" questions could be:


     *What does he have?
     *Where is the stove?
     *What does she want?

There was some uncertainty, as is only natural, since this was a completely new game for them, but they were eager to participate (perhaps because I don't do many games in class).

It took 10 minutes or so for them to look at the text and find and write their questions.  In the meantime I circulated and offered advice.

Finally, each team was ready and they took turns asking each other questions.

There was some spirited debate about whether some questions and answers were good, which is part of the point of the game, so things came off well.

I think I need to do more activities like this in my classes.

No comments: