Friday 1 February 2013

South Korea's Naro Rocket Launch

As most of you know by now, this week South Korea succeeded in putting a satellite into orbit via a rocket launched from the Korean peninsula.

What an achievement!  I have been encouraging my English academy students (elementary and middle school) to be patriotic about it, as it is truly a great achievement.

Probably about 3/4 of my students immediately knew what I was talking about when I raised the subject this week.

Yeah South Korea!  This was the third attempt, and, perhaps in opposition to news reports, had nothing to do with the timing of North Korea's recent rocket launch.

Unfortunately, North Korea may not feel that way.

However, for now the emphasis is on the achievement of the Korean engineers and scientists who have made such a success possible.



No comments: