Saturday 9 February 2013

Saturday Market

On Saturdays, next to the subway station where I live, about a five-minute walk, there is a small one-day market: fruits, veggies, seaweed, snack food, etc:



In the row of tents on the left side, at the far end, you can see the blue and white striped tent.

That's where I usually buy my veggies for making soup and for salads.

The inside looks like this:




Here's what I bought today:




Onions, garlic, cucumbers, potatoes (they look black because they haven't been cleaned), asian zucchini, pumpkin/squash, sweet potatoes, and carrots.  I usually buy lettuce and several kinds of mushrooms too, but I have enough left from last week.

All that cost me app. $25; not cheap, but then it goes a long way when making soup.

Yeah for fresh food!


No comments: