Saturday 23 March 2013

Blog Annoyance and Apartment Visitors

It bothers me that when I just signed in to this blog, they created an additional step--"just enter your phone number, and we will contact you if anyone tries to hack your account".

This seems to be an increasingly common occurrence, as sites such as Hotmail are asking for the same personal information.

No thanks.

Which reminds me . . .

Last week, late Monday morning, after I had finished shaving my head (come on spring!) and was getting ready to take off for school. there was a knock on my door.

Sigh.

A bit of frustration/anger.

Usually that knock--and fortunately it doesn't happen often--means that there are a pair of religious individuals at the door.

I have nothing against them personally, but when they come uninvited to my home and seek to push, nicely or not, their views on me, then I get annoyed.

But I still open the door.

Why?

That's a good question.

Anyway, there was a knock, and I did open the door, and there were two women outside who started to launch into their spiel before they:

A) noticed that I was a foreigner and therefore that English was required and

to them, it seemed, more importantly

B) saw my shaved head.

They quickly said "sorry" (in English), put their palms together in front, and bowed to me.

I closed the door.

It wasn't until later that I realized what had happened.

They apparently thought that I was a Buddhist monk (because of my shaved head) and that they had interrupted my tranquility.

Ha!

Now I know of one way to discourage missionaries.

No comments: