Saturday 9 March 2013

Sibling Students

One of the middle school classes that I teach has 8 students, and I confirmed the last time we met that 4 of those students have siblings in our academy.

1 of the middle school students has a younger sister whom I just finished teaching.

2 of them have younger siblings that I taught before and now am teaching again, coincidentally in the class right before.

Another middle school student has a younger sister in a class that I don't teach but like to joke with during their break time.

Our English academy has quite a few siblings as students, but the 50% rate in the middle school class surprised me.

Next week, in my phonics class (where the true beginners start--a,b,c . . .) I will have a new pair of twins, a boy and a girl, which will be a first for me.

Maybe the saying should be, "A family that studies together . . .."

No comments: