Sunday 1 September 2013

New Semester

Tomorrow, Monday, is the beginning of the new semester at our English academy.  It generally coincides with the Korean public school semester.

We will have quite a few students returning from taking a break during their summer vacation, plus a bunch of new students.  We also have 2 new foreign teachers, so, in addition to new books, it will be quite a change.

Most of my classes will be the same, but with a number of new students mixed in.

We--the teachers--had a workshop on Friday to talk about issues like presentations (teaching students how to do them), discipline, diary writing, functional English, etc.

Some students I have been teaching for a year or more, so I am looking forward to welcoming them back and continuing to work on improving their English skills.

I will teach a range of classes, from beginning English to essay writing; that variety is part of what keeps me interested in teaching English in Korea.

No comments: