Saturday 19 October 2013

Park in Ansan, Korea

A while back I posted some pics of a park in the Jungang area of Ansan.  Here are some pics of a different park in the same general area--quite nice for a leisurely stroll, especially as the sun is beginning to set.

The many high-rise apartment buildings suggest that the area is a commuter city.

(An added note: When I looked back at these pics after I had posted them, I immediately saw that there weren't any people in the pictures.  They kind of reminded me of the so-called Chinese "ghost towns".  However, and this is my point, that is absolutely not true.  Yes, there were not many people in the middle of the park, but when my friends and I were walking alongside the river there were both many pedestrians and many bicyclists (quite a few of the latter using bikes from the city's bike-share program, which was great to see).  The park is in a good location for citizens from the apartment buildings to get out and walk, ride, play badminton, in-line skate, etc.)





No comments: