Saturday 19 July 2014

Cheonggye: Restaurant

My friend and I went to a country restaurant that specializes in tofu, especially "perilla seeds soft tofu", a nice alternative to the normally spicy tofu stew.

The restaurant is located near Cheonggye mountain, and looks like this:


Here's the sign out front, and a shot from the back:



They have several set menus; the one we ordered had a nice variety of food . . . many side dishes and more food than 2 people could eat.  The tofu stew (sundubu) was excellent (a grey color as opposed to the usual fiery red).






The room that we ate in also had a nice view out the window:


I'd like to eat there again, though I will avoid one part of one side dish, which is kimchi soaked in soy sauce; I couldn't tell what the food was by looking at it since it was black in color . . . as you might guess, kimchi (which is salty anyway) becomes almost unbearably salty when saturated with soy sauce.

No comments: