Sunday 14 February 2016

Soup Time

The last two winters I cooked soup almost every week.

This winter has been different.  It wasn't until two weeks ago that I felt the desire to cook some soup, and then, as always, there is a re-learning curve.

I don't use recipes, but rather remember (or try to) what worked well before.

Today is the third week for soup-making, and I think I have gotten back into the groove (though I have yet to taste the finished product).

When I do make soup, I usually go all out and use two big pots to make two different kinds: chicken soup and salmon soup.

I throw all of the veggies I like into the pots.

I eat some, refrigerate some, freeze some.

I'm a lazy cook.


Ingredients:

Chicken Soup

water
balsamic vinegar
stone-ground mustard
black pepper
dried parsley
dried rosemary
salt (small amount)
mushrooms (2 kinds)
garlic
chicken breasts
sweet potato
onion
carrot
cherry tomatoes
kale
dried zucchini


Salmon Soup

Same, except substitute salmon fillets for chicken and tarragon for rosemary.
I use fewer veggies and more tomatoes + carrots.
No dried zucchini.


It's not cheap to make these soups, but they taste good and are very healthy!

No comments: