Tuesday 1 March 2016

New Semester

Tomorrow, March 2nd, is the first day of the new public school year in South Korea.  The same is true in some other countries, and not just in Asia.

Our private English academy follows the public school schedule, so we will also be starting new classes, welcoming new students, opening new books . . .

I'm reminding myself that this is the first time that some of our young Korean students will encounter a foreign teacher, so I will try to be patient, cheerful, and encouraging. I want them to go home on the first day with a smile on their faces and with a desire to learn English.

At the same time, many of my students from last year are returning, so I am looking forward to guiding them into more challenging English texts, paragraphs, essays, etc.

I hope that all of you who are teachers encountering a new school year are as excited as I am!

No comments: