Thursday 30 June 2016

Preparing for Student Presentations

This summer, as my English academy has done before, all of the students will do a presentation.

Some students will do an individual presentation, while others will do it in pairs or small groups.

They will be watched by other students.

Younger students will use a picture/poster as a visual aid, while most older students will use PowerPoint.

My classes have started the preparation process.

(Except for middle school students, who will begin next week.)

In one 4th-5th grade class, I asked them this week to begin their PPT work, and to be ready, next week, to practice using a computer.

When I went to class today, one good student asked me if we would use USB's today (that's what students here call "memory sticks").

I replied, "No, we will practice in the computer room next Tuesday."

She replied, somewhat indignantly, "Teacher!  I got up at 6:30 this morning to finish my PPT!"

I am excited about the energy and enthusiasm that students are showing for the presentation process and practice.

No comments: